Northwest Portland, The Pearl District and Downtown Portland
Invisalign is a virtually invisible orthodontic appliance that can effectively treat many of the same bite conditions and teeth alignment problems traditionally addressed with conventional braces. But Invisalign works without the metal brackets and wires that can irritate your mouth and leave you feeling self-conscious about your appearance.
Although Invisalign can treat a number of cases in both teens and adults, it is not the best option for every patient. Your consultation and exam with Portland, Oregon, orthodontist and Invisalign provider Dr. JD Miller will determine if you’re a candidate for Invisalign or whether you may benefit from another orthodontic treatment.
Common Conditions Treated with Invisalign
Invisalign may be used in the correction of a number of teeth alignment issues and bite conditions including:
- Crowded teeth
- Spaced teeth
For the right patients, Invisalign offers numerous benefits over conventional braces in addition to providing a properly aligned smile.
The Invisalign Advantage
Many patients with bite conditions, teeth spacing problems or jaw alignment issues avoid orthodontic treatment because they believe conventional braces are the only option. But for many teens and adults, Invisalign can deliver the results of traditional braces with a number of advantages:
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of clear, smooth, dental-grade plastic that fit snugly over your teeth; there is no metal to poke and rub against your cheeks and lips.
- Free time: Because Invisalign requires no painful tightenings or adjustments, your follow-up visits are limited to approximately every six weeks and focus on monitoring your alignment progress.
- Removable: Unlike conventional braces, which come with a long list of food restrictions, Invisalign aligners can be removed for meals, allowing you to eat what you want.
- Easy to clean: Traditional braces can trap food and be difficult to clean; Invisalign aligners pop out for simple cleaning, making it easy to maintain good dental hygiene
- Subtle: As the name suggests, Invisalign is practically invisible as it progressively aligns your teeth; the transparent aligners feature no protrusions, and most people won’t even notice them.
The benefits of Invisalign are as clear as the revolutionary aligners that stealthily lead to your perfect smile.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of clear aligners that are custom-made for your individual condition.
A series of impressions and three-dimensional digital images will allow Dr. Miller and the Invisalign lab to fabricate your personalized aligners. Each set of aligners is designed to progressively shift your teeth into a properly aligned position.
You swap your aligners for a new set approximately every two weeks. While Invisalign aligners may be removed for eating and cleaning, you will need to wear them at least 22 hours per day in order to achieve results.
If you would like to learn if Invisalign may be right for you, please contact the office of Portland Pearl Orthodontics to schedule your Invisalign consultation with Portland, Oregon, orthodontist Dr. JD Miller.