Your First Visit
Northwest Portland, The Pearl District and Downtown Portland
Portland, Oregon, orthodontist Dr. JD Miller and the team at Portland Pearl Orthodontics welcome children, teens and adults for orthodontic treatment.
We are always excited to meet new patients seeking the orthodontic correction of bite conditions as well as individuals who need treatment for sleep apnea and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ or TMD).
Your initial consultation will consist of a thorough examination of your individual condition and a discussion of your potential treatment options. A second appointment may be needed for further diagnostic work, including X-rays, digital imaging and impressions of your teeth.
During your initial exam, we encourage your questions and will answer the following questions as they pertain to your specific condition and treatment options:
- Do you have a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment necessary now, or should it be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors occur?
- What procedures may be used to effectively correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
- What are my financing options?
In preparing for your consultation, you can help us provide the best treatment possible by providing any of the following available information:
- Any panoramic X-rays taken within the past six months
- Orthodontic insurance information if applicable
- Previous orthodontic treatment records
If you live in the Portland, Oregon, area and are considering orthodontic correction or treatment for sleep apnea or TMJ/TMD, please contact the office of Portland Pearl Orthodontics to schedule your first visit with orthodontist Dr. JD Miller.